Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Meeting with Professor Kruse

My meeting with Professor Kruse is in thirty minutes and right now I am not sure how confident I am feeling. I feel that I have learned a lot in this class so far, but not to the point where I have a complete understanding of it all to be able to succeed in this meeting. I know that I will have to go with my gut and say things that I truly believe make a good teacher.

As I sit here thinking about it though, I wonder if this is really an effective way of assessing students. There are a lot of forms of assessment, but I think this form of assessment can stress students out and make them nervous. We pretty much have one time to prove that we understand what he is teaching us in class. We have two practice rounds, but I still question if this is the best way to assess your students. I know that he does a lot of informal assessment during class, and I may not know it is even happening when it is. Sometimes I prefer this method because I am more comfortable to speak my mind and state my opinions. I am very interested to see the result of this meeting. I will add more to this blog when I am done with the meeting.
____________________________________________________________________

After the meeting, I definitely did not feel as confident and I think I should feel at this level. There is still a lot more I need to know and review. I want to work on knowing specifics and exact points, compared to elaborating too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment